Last Updated on December 20, 2019
Hunting Packs Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The search for the best hunting backpack continues. What we’re looking for is one which will hold all your gear without compromising on comfort. A pack that remains steadfast in the wake of the harsh outdoor environment.
What we’re looking for is a backpack that does all this and still manages to look great while doing so. Luckily, there are multitudes of backpacks in the market. These backpacks come with a variety of features that are ideal for every hunter.
- 1 Recommended – The Best Hunting Backpack
- 1.1 1. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus Pack Bag
- 1.2 2. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Backpack
- 1.3 3. ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Back Pack
- 1.4 4. Badlands Diablo Day Pack
- 1.5 5. ALPS OutdoorZ Traverse EPS Hunting Pack
- 1.6 6. Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack
- 1.7 7. ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack
- 1.8 8. Badlands Superday Pack
- 1.9 9. Eberlestock X1 Hunting Pack
- 1.10 10. Eberlestock X3 LoDrag Pack
- 1.11 11. Tenzing TZ TP14 Turkey Hunting Pack
- 1.12 12. Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack
- 1.13 13. Tenzing TZ 4000 Hunting Pack
- 1.14 14. Eberlestock J34 Just One Pack
- 1.15 15. Tenzing TZ 1200 Ultra Light Day Pack
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Final Verdict
Hunting Backpack – Comparison Table
1. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus Pack Bag
2. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Backpack
3. ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Back Pack
4. Badlands Diablo Day Pack
5. ALPS OutdoorZ Traverse EPS Hunting Pack
6. Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack
7. ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack
8. Badlands Superday Pack
9. Eberlestock X1 Hunting Pack
10. Eberlestock X3 LoDrag Pack
11. Tenzing TZ TP14 Turkey Hunting Pack
12. Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack
13. Tenzing TZ 4000 Hunting Pack
14. Eberlestock J34 Just One Pack
15. Tenzing TZ 1200 Ultra Light Day Pack
Recommended – The Best Hunting Backpack
1. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus Pack Bag
You can easily detach this backpack from the frame and use it as a freighter frame. With numerous compartments, the pack is capable of holding all you need.
The Alps OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame is made of a highly durable nylon ripstop fabric. This fabric is resistant to tears and scratches and can resist the harsh hunting environment.
That’s not all. Under the right conditions, the nylon provides a level of water resistance, ensuring your gear remains dry in a light shower.
- Dimensions: 15.4 inches x 6.7 inches x 2.4 inches
- Storage capacity of 5,250 cubic inches
- External frame
- Many compartments
- Hydration port and pocket
- Lashing straps.
- Charcoal nylon rip-stop fabric
- Adjustable torso range of 17 inches to 23 inches
Being ergonomically designed, this backpack gives you comfort while carrying it. The straps are wide and comfortably hang over your shoulders. The hip belt securely embraces you around your waist, allowing you to fasten the bag securely.
This pack is made of the high-quality KXO-32 Fabric. With an internal frame, the weight is evened out over your back and rested on your hips.
It’s made of a T-6 aluminum aircraft material that ensures that, despite the load, the pack remains sturdy. You’ll hardly believe that you’re carrying the backpack most of the time.
- An internal frame that’s made of T-6 aluminum
- Batwing design that enhances carrying comfort.
- Dimensions: 19 inches x 17 inches x 19 inches and can carry a capacity of 2250 cubic inches.
- Versatile daypack or meat hauler
- Made of the KXO-32 fabric, it is capable of withstanding scratches from tree branches and bushes and is also waterproof.
- The material is also very quiet.
- Actual weight: 5lb 15oz
Archers love this pack because of the dedicated bow pocket that can be concealed when not in use. There are also conveniently placed quiver holders on either side of the bag that keep your arrows within reach.
In addition, it has a drop-down weapon holder that is designed to hold your gun or bow securely. It ensures that whenever you’re in need of the weapon, it’s ready to come off without resistance.
With webbing loops, you can lash onto the outside of the pack any extra gear that you may be carrying.
- Carrying capacity of 2700 cubic inches.
- Internal aluminum frame
- Front lashing system
- Brushed Realtree Xtra HD Fabric
- Detachable rain cover
- Bow pocket and drop-down pocket
- Quiver holders
- Weight: 4lbs
4. Badlands Diablo Day Pack
This pack looks unintimidating, but can actually hold up to 40lbs! It is strong enough to withstand that weight but won’t transfer the strain onto you, thanks to its internal aluminum frame.
Hypervent Suspension Technology allows easy passage of cool air between your back and the daypack. This feature makes it ideal for use in hot environments as it eliminates overheating, allowing your back to stay cool and dry.
You’ll notice that the pack is totally silent. You’ll hardly notice it’s there.
- Dimensions of 13.5 inches x 22.5 inches x 10 inches.
- Carrying capacity of 1900 cubic inches and is able to carry up to 40lbs.
- Hypervent Suspension Technology
- It has two compartments and six pockets for your gear.
- KXO 32 fabric
- T-6 aluminum frame
- Hydration port for 3-liter water reservoir.
This frame bears a huge chunk of the load, so you don’t have to. You will notice that with the bag on your back, you feel less of a strain on your shoulders. That is the frame doing its work.
For added comfort, the shoulder straps are padded. With integrated load lifters, you can easily pull 50lbs in the pack without strain.
- Carrying capacity of 3300 cubic inches.
- Expandable Pack System, increase the carrying capacity to 4500 cubic inches.
- The numerous pockets give enough storage space for all your gear.
- H design frame
- Padded with load lifters.
- Drop-down pocket.
- Blaze Orange rain cover.
- Hydration pocket and port for inserting a reservoir.
Eberlestock’s X2 joins the scene and tries to prove itself as the best Elk Hunting Pack. This is an ideal day pack that can carry more than enough gear and supplies for a day’s hunting trip.
It has dimensions of 22.5 inches in its length and 16 inches in its width, giving it a wide base area. In depth, it measures six inches, great for stuffing numerous amounts of gear. If you’re using it as a daypack, then the 1,830 cubic inches of storage will be more than sufficient.
All your items will safely fit in the numerous pockets. Great to have are the quick access pockets to the sides. These are excellent for holding your spotting scopes, tripods or anything else that you’ll want to reach a moment’s notice.
But still, this pack doesn’t know the meaning of the word enough. If it is filled, it can still haul a load the size of a quarter Elk by lashing it to the exterior. This is made possible by the oversized compression straps that fasten around the load, allowing the cargo to latch onto the bag.
You might think that with such a carrying capacity, hauling this bag on your back will be a burden, right? Well, it isn’t. What Eberlestock have done is build into the X2 an aluminum frame that is both tough and lightweight.
With the frame cleverly designed, it spreads the load evenly on your back allowing it to rest on your hips. This frame keeps your back from feeling the strain, allowing you to carry it for long distances. And to maintain airflow and keep your back cool and dry, there’s a full mesh back panel that’s separated from the main pack by a big air gap.
Both bow and gun hunters love this backpack as it accepts side scabbards that give it the capacity to carry a shotgun, hunting rifle or even a bow. These place the weapons within easy reach of the hunter.
You know how important water is and so do the people at Eberlestock. To ensure you have the constant supply of water, the bag is fitted with two hydration compartments. In them, reservoirs can be fitted and connected with the perfect bladder.
Since you’ll be on the move with a massive load on your back, the bladder will ensure you have water throughout while on the move. With these amazing features, the X2 can easily be the best hunting backpack from Eberlestock.
- The Eberlestock X2 hunting backpack has dimensions of 22.5 inches by 16 inches by 6 inches.
- Its total carrying capacity is 1830 cubic inches.
- To carry the massive weight easily, the bag has a lightweight frame aluminum frame fitted.
- The bag also has compression straps on the front to enable fastening of an extra load on the outside.
- There are a generous amount of pockets for safely tucking away your gear.
- For carrying a weapon, the pack is compatible with scabbards that can be fitted on either side.
- With the dual hydration compartments, you can fit a water reservoir that will supply you with enough water throughout your expedition.
This hunting pack is the epitome of versatility. It’s a daypack, it’s a fanny pack, it’s a meat hauler, and it just won’t stop there. If you see for a bag that can transform at an instant, then the Pathfinder is a perfect choice. This pack starts out its day as a fanny pack.
Hauling 800 cubic inches, it does its work quite well. But then, you need more space. You want to carry a lot more gear. What do you do? Do you bring with you another backpack?
Of course not. The Pathfinder transforms to a daypack by unrolling, from within the fanny, the daypack mode. In a matter of seconds, you’ll have a daypack with an extra 1100 cubic inches of storage.
So, in total, the Pathfinder is capable of carrying a capacity of 2700 cubic inches. This is perhaps why some people say it’s the best hunting backpack in the market. The pockets are numerous.
You have two side pockets, a front zippered pocket, the main compartment, fanny pocket and the daypack pocket. All these are designed to keep your gear secure, protecting your items from damage.
And if you have more to carry then take advantage of the extension lashing straps for fastening larger loads on the exterior of the pack. Still, as if that’s not enough, the bag allows attachment of the Outdoor Z accessory pockets to carry binoculars, a camera or whichever other accessories you need.
This versatile creation doesn’t stop there. It continues to have more modes for further convenience. There’s a hauling mode which provides extra fabric and straps for you to carry extra gear or even meat using the lashing straps.
There’s also the bow carrying mode that allows you to attach a bow, saving you the trouble of having to lug it in your hands. So, yes, the Pathfinder is perfect for archers. To give you the comfort while carrying, there’s a shoulder harness system which has soft and wide shoulder straps.
They lie over your shoulders and place the pack behind you as the waist belt wraps around you right above your hips. The load is then evenly distributed on your back, giving you comfort and easing the hauling of the bag’s weight.
- The Pathfinder can be a fanny bag or a daypack.
- The fanny bag has a carrying capacity of 800 cubic inches.
- Unrolling the daypack mode increases the carrying capacity by another 1100 cubic inches.
- With five pockets; two side pockets, a front pocket, the main compartment, the fanny pocket and the daypack pocket, the Pathfinder has enough room to secure your gear inside it.
- The pack is compatible with the ALPS Outdoor Z accessory pockets which can be attached to expand storage.
- It has extension lashing straps for carrying extra loads on the outside.
- With the bow carrying more, a bow can be fastened to the exterior of the pack.
Most hunting backpack reviews will rate Badlands products highly. The Badlands brand is trusted for creating excellent backpacks that stand the test of time. And with their famous lifetime warranty, they show us that they have total faith in their products and rub off that faith onto us.
That’s why the Superday pack stands out, ranking highly in all hunting backpack reviews. Yes, it’s a daypack. And yes, it is super. Thus it’s named the Superday pack. It measures 21 inches by 16 inches by 11 inches and has a weight of just 3.15 pounds.
With such dimensions, you might be apprehensive about its ability to bear a day’s hunting load. But don’t be. This daypack is big enough to fit all your gear and even more. It has three compartments and seven pockets.
And with a carrying capacity of 1950 cubic inches, there’s more than enough space for all your stuff. Don’t forget the ability to carry your weapons. With the adjustable boot, you can securely fasten a bow or a rifle. On the waist belt, there’s a built-in holster to carry a sidearm.
Superday is made of Badland’s tried and tested KXO 32 Camo fabric. And we comprehend that this is one of the most durable fabrics found on the best hunting backpack. It easily wards off scratches from branches and the bushes.
It also prevents water from seeping into the bag as it’s a waterproof material. Then its ability to remain silent is uncanny. While on the hunt, you’ll be surprised at how the daypack doesn’t utter a sound, remaining quiet throughout despite your movement.
Comfort is important, and that’s why on the back of the Superday, there’s a molded foam suspension. This was designed with ergonomics in mind. The foam molds itself to take the shape of your back resting comfortably for you to easily carry it.
Add the wide padded straps, and you have a daypack that isn’t straining to haul on your back. Having such features, we don’t doubt that it could easily be the best hunting backpack available.
- The Badlands Superday pack has dimensions of 21 inches by 16 inches by 11 inches.
- Its carrying capacity is 1950 cubic inches.
- With three compartments and seven pockets, this daypack provides enough storage room for a hunting day’s gear.
- The adjustable boot gives it compatibility to carry a rifle or bow.
- Made of the strong KXO 32 fabric, the Superday pack is durable and waterproof.
- It has a built in holster on the waist belt for carrying a sidearm.
- The daypack has a molded foam suspension that comfortably rests the back on you back.
Eberlestock gives us another pack that jostles for the best hunting backpack title. The X1 is a backpack with hunting pedigree. It was made for the hunt. It yearns to be used by a hunter.
It’s very demeanor, its features, its looks; all betray its rugged outdoor quality. For a day of hunting, the X1 will carry everything you need.
With dimensions of 22.5 inches by 11 inches by 7 inches, you’ll stuff it with more than enough supplies for your hunting expedition. Its carrying capacity is an ample 1900 cubic inches, revealing more of its load bearing quality.
Weighing just under 6 pounds, you won’t have to worry about the backpack having too much weight. Its light weight is excellent if you’re going to pack it to capacity. The X1 is ideal for both rifle and bow users.
The front has X looking pockets that securely hold a bow. The integrated bow bucket on the front gives the bow a place to rest to enhance stability also providing a place to insert your quiver. It also has a deep scabbard which is perfect for tucking a rifle inside. This is one of the best bow hunting packs out there.
These two weapon carrying systems are easy to reach for the hunter, allowing for an easy draw. The advantage of it is that you don’t have to choose between one weapon or the other.
If you prefer, you can opt to carry both a gun and a rifle. The X1 is capable of bearing both. The load needs to be secure on your back. With the adjustable shoulder harness system, you can easily fasten the pack on your shoulders, allowing it to rest securely on your back.
This system is excellent for use by people of all sizes. With the vertically adjustable system, it is customizable to varying torso lengths. It even fits young people quite nicely.
And the padding on the back and the shoulder straps provide comfort while carrying the load on your back. Then, to ensure you have a constant supply of water, there are two hydration slots in which reservoirs can be fit. And using the appropriate bladder, you’ll remain hydrated while on the move.
- The X1 hunting pack has dimensions of 22.5 inches along the length, 11 inches in the width and 7 inches in depth.
- Its carrying capacity is 1900 cubic inches.
- This Eberlestock hunting pack has a deep scabbard for carrying a hunting rifle.
- The X pockets on the front securely hold a bow.
- With an adjustable shoulder harness system, the X1 can fit varying torso lengths.
- The backpack has two hydration slots where water reservoirs can be fit to keep you hydrated.
A younger brother to the Eberlestock X1, the X3 LoDrag bears the characteristic hunting pedigree. There’s no doubt that this is a contender for the best hunting daypack. It is uniquely designed in a contour shape, with the top and bottom tapering making the bag comfortably embrace your back.
This shape makes it wonderfully comfortable when carrying even to its capacity. And it can bear a weight having dimensions of 22 inches along the length, one inch in the width and a depth of 8.5 inches. This gives it a carrying capacity of 2000 cubic inches.
All over the body, there is an array of MOLLE compatible webbing that provides the ability to expand carrying capacity by attaching extra gear onto the outside.
To carry all this load without strain on the shoulders, the X3 LoDrag has side-mounted compression straps. By tightening these straps, they push the load higher up your back, raising the load over your center of gravity thereby easing the weight.
This hunting pack is perfect for rifle and bow users. Just like in the Eberlestock X1, it has a deep nondetachable scabbard that carries a hunting rifle. It is wide and very sturdy.
The rifle snugly slides into it and lies there in wait for you to require its use. When in need of it, the design allows for a quick draw of the weapon making you and it ready at a moment’s notice.
Then, Eberlestock thought about the different tastes and preferences. The X3 comes in a variety of colors; Coyote Brown, Military Green, Unicam Li, Dry Earth and Multi Cam.
Each one of these colors provides a shade of camouflage ensuring you’re kept inconspicuous. Select a color depending on the environmental characteristics and your preference. Whichever you choose, you’re getting a meticulously designed hunting daypack.
- The X3 LoDrag Pack has dimensions of 22 inches by 11 inches by 8.5 inches.
- This daypack can carry a total capacity of 2000 cubic inches.
- With the MOLLE webbing on the pack, you can attach extra gear on the outside.
- The LoDrag is capable of carrying a rifle or a bow in its deep scabbard.
- Its contour shape provides a comfortable position for carrying.
- It has side-mounted compressions straps that can be fastened to raise the load and position the weight over your center of gravity, thereby relieving the strain on the shoulders.
- The X3 comes in five different color variations; Coyote Brown, Military Green, Unicam Li, Dry Earth and Multicam.
- The color options all provide the appropriate camouflage.
For all you poultry lovers, Tenzing has a special product for you. It’s the Tenzing TZ TP14 Turkey Hunting Pack, and it is the best hunting packs you can find on the market. Why do I say that? Because it’s ridiculously versatile. First, let’s talk about its numerous pockets.
\Its main back pocket has dimensions of 24 inches by 14 inches by 8 inches. It has a zipper back sleeve pocket with dimensions of 14 inches by 8 inches by 1 inch. Then, it has two mesh pockets which bear measurements of 13 inches by 8 inches by 4 inches each.
In total, the TZ TP14 has 14 pockets and a carrying capacity of a staggering 4000 cubic inches. I know that has gotten you obsessing about the amount of gear you can carry. With such a carrying capacity, your bird hunting expedition won’t lack a single supply.
Then, Tenzing knows that hunting wild birds is an exercise that requires patience. They want to ensure that you’re comfortable and have included, as a feature in the pack, fold-down padded seat. This seat has dimensions of 12 inches by 13.5 inches and a thickness of 25 inches. It’s designed to give you utmost comfort.
What sets it apart from other packs is the legs. Yes, it has legs, well positioned on the sides. These legs are positioned so that you can sit upright on it while the backside of the pack acts as a backrest which happens to be padded. Simply turn the legs counterclockwise to extend them, place them on a solid surface, fold out the seat and voila! It’s all set.
For comfort, while carrying, the back has a pad that allows for easy air movement. This cools your back while walking, keeping you feeling comfortable.
Then, the dual waistband strap snugly hugs your waist and provides a contoured fit which secures the daypack nicely behind you. To keep you supplied with water, the pack is hydration compatible, able to accommodate a three-liter hydration reservoir. This ensures that you remain supplied with adequate water throughout.
- The Tenzing TZ TP 14 is the best hunting backpack that’s ideal for bird hunting.
- It has a total of 14 pockets which give a total carrying capacity of 4000 cubic inches.
- The main feature of the TZ TP14 is the fold out seat that provides you a comfortable place to rest as you hunt.
- The legs are made of aluminum and support the seat to give you an upright sitting position.
- The backrest is padded for added comfort.
- For airflow between your back and the daypack, there is a channeled, air-cooled back pad.
- It is hydration compatible able to carry a hydration reservoir of 3 liters.
This Elk Hunting Pack was designed and created specifically for the Rocky Mountain Foundation’s Team Elk, thus it’s named. It is, however, not just for them. Eberlestock took the ingenious design and features and decided that every hunter should have one. And when you do get this one, you’ll wonder how you survived without one.
First of all, this is a pack big enough to fit in loads of gear for your hunting trip. It measures 23 inches in length and 11 inches in width. The depth it 9.5 inches and these dimensions give it a total capacity of 3,100 cubic inches.
This is about 50 liters of capacity. How does one get access to all this space? Well, for added convenience this pack has two access points; front loading and top loading. Depending on your carrying position, you can choose which access point is ideal for you.
So you’re planning to fill the pack up to capacity, right? Of course, you are. Don’t worry because the Elk Pack can handle a heavy load. And it also makes sure that you can handle the load as well. With an inbuilt Intex frame, the load is nicely spread out across your back and ensures that most of the weight is carried off your shoulders and planted on top of your waist.
This enhances comfort while carrying and gives you a more upright gait. In effect, you’ll be more stable when walking, able to retain use of your hands for climbing and hanging onto tree branches.
The bag is made to be quiet. That’s what Eberlestock tell us. And they weren’t lying about that. As you trudge along in the woods, the backpack keeps mum. It doesn’t give away your position meaning your hunting will go much easier.
For carrying your weapon, there’s a fold away rifle scabbard that easily unfolds when you need it to. Your rifle will neatly tuck away inside it and is held firmly. But you’re not only confined to using a rifle. The M5 also has a built in bow carrier that secures your bow.
- The M5 Team Elk Pack has dimensions of 23 inches by 11 inches by 9.5 inches.
- Its total carrying capacity is an ample 3100 cubic inches/ 50 liters.
- For easy access, there are two access points; front loading and top loading points.
- For comfort, while carrying, this Elk Pack has an Intex tubular aluminum frame that eases the weight from your shoulders.
- The pack’s material doesn’t make noise while in movement. It remains quiet, making it excellent for hunting.
- The M5 also has a game hauling system for carrying the meat.
We’re now familiar with Tenzing as creators of uniquely designed backpacks with total functionality in mind. So we’re confident about presenting the Tenzing TZ 4000 Hunting Pack as one of the best hunting packs in out list.
Looking at it, you can tell that it was built with ergonomics in mind. From the shoulder straps to the waist belt, everything looks made for comfort. But its main attribute is its capacity to haul your gear with ease. It has a carrying capacity of 2500 cubic inches.
However, Tenzing knows that for an avid hunter, this may not be anything near enough. They save us from having to lug around a second pack.
The TZ 4000 has extra space in the side compartments. Expanding them gives you an additional 300 cubic inches of storage. Still, they didn’t stop there. They figured that after your hunt, you’d need somewhere to carry the meat. And since the pack is probably already full, you’ll need extra space.
Well, it has a central breathable meat compartment that can accommodate an extra 1400 cubic inches. In total, this pack has 21 compartments and pockets for your storage needs. But wait, you might be thinking that this load is going to be a burden for you to carry, right? Well, worry not as, built into the TZ 4000 is a rigid aluminum frame.
This frame will take the load, even it out so that it doesn’t concentrate its weight on your shoulders and lay it on your waist and hips. In effect, its center of gravity will be lowered, and you’ll be more stable on your feet. In further effect, you’ll walk farther and carry more. To secure this entire load, simply fasten the compression straps. The pack has five compression straps that run horizontally and four that run vertically.
Don’t forget your weapon. As a hunter, you need an ideal place to carry it and lugging it in your hands isn’t a good idea. Tenzing thought of this as well and made a boot underneath the pack. This boot folds out to hold your gun or even bow. It allows you to keep your hands free, knowing you’ll need them as you walk.
Meanwhile, you need to keep yourself well hydrated. Still, you don’t need to occupy your hands with this duty. The pack is hydration compatible and can hold a 3-liter water reservoir. Connect your preferred hydration bladder and enjoy an effortless supply of water.
- The Tenzing TZ 4000 Hunting pack has a main carrying capacity of 2500 cubic inches
- This carrying capacity can be expanded by an additional 300 cubic inches from the expanding side compartments and a further 1400 cubic inches in the central meat compartment.
- The meat compartment is breathable, ensuring there is adequate air supply to the meat.
- TZ 4000 also has an internal aluminum frame which eases the weight of the pack from your shoulders.
- With five horizontal compression straps and four vertical straps, you’ll firmly secure the load.
- The fold out boot can hold a rifle or a bow.
- Included in the pack is a hydration compartment that can fit a 3-liter reservoir.
They thought of a cool name. But they didn’t waste their time making up names; they made a bag that matches. It’s called the Just One Pack. You know, why? Because it’s all the pack, you need. It has dimensions to 25 inches in length, 11 inches in width and 6 inches in depth.
But wait, there’s more. The initial carrying capacity is 2300 cubic inches. Now, you might sneer at this and say it isn’t anything to be excited about, but Eberlestock was just getting started. When you realize you’ve got gear that’s beyond this capacity, you can expand it.
That’s right! It has what’s called a built in Cam Expansion that gives it an additional 2300 cubic inches of carrying capacity. Not yet convinced? That’s still not the end.
You can add their super spike duffel which gives an extra 3500 cubic inches. Now we see why it’s called the Just One. And we’re beginning to see why it could easily be the best hunting backpack in its category.
Once you’re done hunting, you need a place to carry the meat. The J34 has an exclusive meat compartment. This is a ventilated mesh fronted compartment that allows air to flow easily, thus keeping your meat cool and fresh.
All this space means you’re probably going to be carrying a massive load. To ensure you remain comfortable while hauling it, the pack has a vertically adjustable torso length. This ensures you fasten it on your back in the most comfortable position for you.
Still, the design, as Eberlestock tell us, is made to move with your body. It isn’t rigid and absorbs a lot of the weight ensuring maximum comfort. And the ventilated padding keeps your back-aerated and cool.
At the back, there’s a scabbard for carrying your weapons. Perhaps you’re an arrow person. The scabbard allows a bow and quiver to fit snugly. If maybe you’re a gun person, the gun fits perfectly in this scabbard. The position is convenient for a quick draw, giving you easy access when you want the weapon.
- The J34 pack is capable of carrying a capacity of 2300 cubic inches, expandable to 4600 inches and still expandable by a further 3500 cubic inches thanks to Cam Expansion feature.
- The pack’s dimensions are 25 inches by 11 inches by 6 inches.
- Meat is carried in a ventilated mesh fronted compartment that ensures it remains cool and fresh.
- The j34 pack has a vertically adjustable torso length to ensure the pack fits any body size.
- The ventilated padding at the back provides airflow between your back and the backpack ensuring you remain cool.
- With Eberlestock’s Quickdraw scabbard, you’re able to carry a gun or bow and arrows safely.
Once again, Tenzing delivers a lightweight daypack for the hunter. It’s a beautiful daypack that is as functional as it is appealing. It’s perfect for carrying your essentials for a day’s hunting trip.
It has a main compartment which measures 17 inches by 10 inches by 2.5 inches. There’s the front face pocket which has dimensions of 15 inches by 9 inches by 2.5 inches and an expanding bungee compartment that has dimensions of 9 inches by 11 inches by 2 inches. Added onto these are two side pockets with dimensions of 3 inches by 4 inches by 2 inches each.
All these compartments give this daypack a carrying capacity of 1211 cubic inches. For a small and lightweight pack, this is quite ample. Still, the main compartment is expandable to ensure you leave nothing behind.
You can also attach extra gear on the outside thanks to the compression straps on the lower part of the pack. Being lightweight, it ensures comfort while on the go. To complement this, the back pad is built to be breathable. This means that it allows air to flow between the TZ1200 and your back.
Also, running over your shoulders, the straps are made of the same breathable mesh. Securing the bag and bringing the weight to your hips are padded hip panels. These panels comfortably rest the pack on your hips and enhance your comfort. Then, you will definitely need a constant supply of water.
Tenzing has ensured that you don’t run out by endowing this daypack with hydration compatibility. In this system, you can attach a reservoir of up to 2 liters. Fit also a bladder, and you’ll be able to get hydrated as you move along.
- The Tenzing TZ 1200 has eight compartments and pockets.
- These compartments give the pack a total capacity of 1211 cubic inches.
- The main compartment is expandable.
- With a breathable mesh back pad, your back will remain aerated and cool.
- For added comfort, the Tenzing TZ 1200 has padded hip panels.
- It is also hydration compatible capable of holding a reservoir of two liters.
- This daypack is ideal for carrying essential supplies for a day’s hunting trip
All the best hunting packs are made of high-quality material. It’s the outer shell that needs to be strong enough to endure. Not only just the weight it bears inside but also the harsh outdoor environment. You’re looking for durability, waterproof quality, and silent quality.
Some hunting backpacks come fitted with frames. If you expect to be carrying much heavier loads, then you should consider one with a frame. However, if your loads won’t be as heavy, then a frameless one will do the job well enough.
An adequate size is not only determined upon your intended load as a factor to consider, you want one that is proportional to your own body size. For the backpack to be comfortable to carry, you need to buy one that’s suited to your body and the length of your trip.
The color isn’t about taste and preference. It’s about camouflage. That’s why a lot of the backpacks come in a rather generic color. You must remain inconspicuous to prey. Whichever color you choose, it has to blend in with the environment, factor in your preferred hunting destination.
If you’re looking for the best backpack or daypack for you, you can’t go wrong by making a choice from the list above. Don’t compromise on quality. Happy hunting!