If you are fond of elk hunting, then you must be known to the fact that the backpack you are carrying is a tremendous role player in your hunting trip.
The service and performance decide how much you will enjoy your hunting trip. When you are going out for elk hunting, you will be in need of many gears and equipment.
You need even to carry weapons too. So, if you get the best elk hunting backpack for you, then your whole trip will go smoothly, and you will be able to enjoy the trip without facing any problem.
As the backpack is like a companion of you for the journey, it is the decider of the result of your trip. If the pack provides its 100 percent, then you will be able to come back from the journey with some positive experiences.
Here, we are going to represent some best elk hunting backpacks in the current market and give you a guideline about buying the best one for you.
1. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack
As you are going on a hunting trip, you should carry a backpack which can provide its best service all the time during the trip and fulfill your demands. Badlands 2200 is one of those backpacks which can provide you a better service.
This elk hunting backpack cum meat hauler is made of KXO-32 fabric. As it is a hunting pack, it has good built-in meat shelf. While you are in hunting, you need to get access to your gadgets and gears easily.
And for this, the backpack has zippered rear entry panel for quick access to your stuff. You will see that DWR treated fabric is used in the backpack. This is the reason why scent suppression system is present.
This fabric resists moisture and blood too. The KXO-32 fabric is pretty much quiet and helps you to stay stealthy. The backpack is also very much comfortable to carry as ThermoMold suspension system is integrated.
- T-6 Aircraft Aluminum frame is used to give structure to the product.
- Load lifter straps are integrated so that your shoulders don’t feel fatigue.
- Built-in hip belt pistol holders.
- Compression straps integrated so that users get a chance of gear attachment.
- Hydration system can be integrated.
- Water resistance facility is not good.
- The compartments are not well organized.
2. Eberlestock Team Elk Pack
As you are a hunter, you should need a backpack which is both comfortable and durable. Eberlestock Elk pack is one of those backpacks. This backpack’s design is not only eye-catching but also built to appeal the hunters.
All the features in this backpack are wanted by every hunter around. You will feel comfortable carrying this bag as it is well structured. Intex frame of this backpack gives comfort and stability to the users.
The toughness of this product is also amazing. It is an excellent performer as meat hauler. You can keep yourself quiet and undetected all the time during hunting. You will find two access points.
It makes easy for you to reach your gadgets and gears. The hydration pocket is also present so that you can be fit during the trip. Compression straps are there for you so that you can be flexible carrying the backpack.
- The intex-ii tubular aluminum frame is integrated to give a structure to the backpack.
- Grapple compression straps are integrated so that you can lift the bag without any complication.
- Zip and flip covers are included. So that you can use this as fully enclosed pockets if you are not carrying any bow or rifle.
- Two optimal access point available for users comfort.
- The chest straps are not durable and unable to provide service for a long time.
- The backpack is heavier than other hunting packs.
3. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander + Pack Bag
As we all know that durability is one the major factors of any kinds of product. The product now we are going to describe is one of the durable elk hunting backpacks. ALPZ’s outdoorZ commander backpack is the product we are going to discuss.
The backpack is made of nylon ripstop fabric. The main facility of this fabric is it is water resistant and as it is used in the pack; your product will remain dry even in the wettest weather.
You will also get a clip style holster along with the bag so that you can reach your gears when you are going to hunt the target. Drop down rifle pocket is there for you so that you can carry your rifle easily along with the backpack.
And the most amazing part of the backpack is yet to be discussed. You can detach the bag and use the mainframe to haul meat.
- Water resistant facility available which will protect equipment inside the backpack even in rainy weather.
- Spindrift collar integrated with Drawcord.
- Hydration port and pocket is available for user’s satisfaction.
- The main compartment is large enough to put any equipment which is needed to be carried during camping or hunting.
- The horizontal divider divides the internal space.
- The clips of the bag are not user-friendly.
- The frame is not that usual type for stealthy hunting.
4. Badlands Superday Camouflage Hunting Backpack
Another fantastic product from the much-known company named Badlands. This backpack is of 100 percent polyester. Nowadays most companies built their equipment around pockets. But Badlands make around proper physics and ergonomics.
This type of work leads to a suitable and ideal user-friendly product. The compressor straps help you to increase your flexibility. You will also get the holster for the sidearm.
As we all know that KXO-32 is the fabric which can never be compared with other fabric materials for making elk hunting backpacks. This pack helps you to stay stealthy and hidden from your target all the time.
You will not get any kinds of distraction from the pack. It is a handy product which is used several times by professional hunters for elk hunting.
Thermo Mold system is integrated so that hunters could easily carry the backpack from here to there. In one word, this backpack really is fantastic and worth buying.
- Water resistant facility which helps to protect the gears inside the pack in wet weather.
- Molded foam to give you comfort as it matches every contour of the human form.
- This backpack’s Neutral color palette allows the approach pattern to adapt any surroundings.
- Hydration system compatible backpack, so that doesn’t have to suffer from dehydration.
- Zippers do47nt make noise when you zip or unzip any pocket or compartment.
- The pistol holders are architected in such way that hands will not get hold of the weapon easily.
- The decoration of the compartments is not user-friendly.
5. Tenzing 6000 Back Country Hunting and Hiking Pack
We are now showing you one of the well-constructed backpacks. The manufacturer of this product is Tenzing. The thing that will amaze you most about this backpack is its design.
Two rigid internal aluminum frames give structure to this product. This product is decorated very well than many other hunting packs. You will find built-in torso suspension which can adjustable as per as your comfort.
You will find padded hip support so that you don’t feel any types of fatigue while carrying the bag. So, you can see that the manufacturer has really tried to value the topic of your comfort and flexibility at the very top.
You will find the back part of the backpack with many air channels so that your back doesn’t sweat. This air-cooled back pad lets your satisfactory level rise higher while you are carrying the backpack. There are two lower straps so that your gears could be carried.
- Rain cover to protect the backpack and gears inside from the rain.
- Separate sleeping bag compartment so that sleeping bag could be carried if you are going for a long trip.
- Access to the main compartment can be gained from three ways.
- Five specialized zip pockets to carry gears and other stuff separately.
- Compressor straps integrated to give the user comfort.
- Stitches are not strong enough to last longer.
- Zipper quality is very common and doesn’t assure durability.
Buying Guide of Elk Hunting Backpack
You will find lots of hunting packs nowadays in the market. But how to know which one is perfect for you? You first, need to know some points that will lead you to the complete idea about best hunting backpack for elk hunt.
There might be several types of hunting backpacks in the market. It does not matter which one you are going to buy. All kinds of the pack have few same things that you have to look out for before buying a backpack.
As today we are looking for best hunting backpack for elk hunt, we are going to focus on some points that will assure that you buy the best hunting pack for packing out the meat.
Design always matters no matter what you buy in the market. Nowadays people care a lot about design. You will see a lot of designs and styles. Even though you are looking for a backpack for hunting, yet these also have varieties of design.
Some have mainframe inside. Others have mainframe outside. Some even provide you with extra straps or pouches so that you can carry few more gears or carry the pack comfortably.
Whatever you choose, the only thing matters is your comfort and satisfaction. Your self should be satisfied with the design of the bag, and your flexibility should not be hampered.
As you are looking for elk hunting packs, you will get two types of frames. One kind of backpack will have the external frame and another type will have internal.
Both of the frames have advantages and disadvantages. But as you are going to use the back as meat hauler, an external frame is suggested for you. It gives you extra support to carry heavier loads and meats.
External frame allows air to flow between your back and backpack which lets your back stay dry. The external frame also gives a strong structure and shape to the product.
Durability is a point that matters a lot always in any types of product. No matter what you buy, your target should be buying a durable product.
In today’s market, you will find lots of eye-catching products. Many of the products will make you think that it’s worth buying in that range of price. But what you should concern more is product’s durability.
No matter what features a product contains, if the product doesn’t last long, in one word, it’s useless. As you are targeting best elk hunting backpack to buy, you should think and worry more about product’s durability.
Backpack for elk hunting means you have to carry more load than usual in the backpack. So quality stitching is very badly needed here. If the stitches are strong enough, then you will be able to use the bag for a long time.
Stitching joins two separate parts together. So, if there is lack of quality in stitching, the backpack may tear if you try to carry heavy kinds of stuff or try to use it roughly.
No matter what type of pack you choose, the fabric determines the quality of the backpack. As you are planning to buy a backpack for hunting, you must buy which is made of that type of fabric which is water resistant, scratch proof and durable.
A lot of things depend on fabric quality. You will find many types of fabric in the market. Some will also have good color combination and attract you. But you should judge the durability and service providing the capacity of the fabric first.
When you intend to buy a backpack for hunting, you must make sure that you are purchasing a backpack having smooth and durable zippers. You won’t be satisfied if the zippers behave roughly to open and close.
Some even may break if you use consistently. So make sure the manufacturer has integrated best zippers in the product which can provide you smooth service for many years.
Here, we have chosen top five ideal hunting backpacks that can be carried during elk hunting. Here are those with some fine facilities and some disadvantages described for you.
So, after a long discussion hope you are now able to sketch the picture of a perfect elk hunting backpack in your mind. You have to keep lots of things in mind when you are buying a best elk hunting backpack.
You cannot declare a backpack by just judging a side or part. You have to judge the whole product and its facilities. Then you will be able to decide whether this product is ideal for you or not. So, think a lot before buying and let yourself know what your actual expectations are from the backpack.